What is Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test
This Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test, produced by AllTest, returns a yes/no result to the person. It takes in oral fluid/Nasopharyngeal Swab/Nasal Swab sample to detects the presence of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen in the given sample.
How does the Covid-19 screening process work?
Here is a short usage guide to use this rapid test kit. There is also a detail user manual inside the kit so no worries.
Getting the specimen:
- Insert a sterile swab into the nostril of the patient, make sure reach until deep inside, then turn several times until the patient starts tearing, then take out from the nostril of the patient.
- With the extraction buffer inside the extraction tube, place the swab into extraction tube. Then rotate the swab for around 10 seconds, make sure the swab head is pressing against the tube to release the sample into the swab.
- Remove the swab. As you withdraw it, squeeze the swab head against the extraction tube to get as much liquid from the swab.
- Discard the swab.
Testing the specimen:
- Unseal the pouch containing the test cassette. Please use it immediately after opening.
- Turn the specimen extraction tube upside down to drop 3 drops of specimen into the specimen well (marked with S). You can then start the timer.
- Wait for the result lines (colored) to show up. Recommended to read result at 15 minutes. Results should not be interpreted after 20 minutes.
Where is this product made? Is it good?
The Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test is made by AllTest – a company that does rapid test, among others.
This test kit has went through evaluation by local medical device body, using known positive samples and known negative samples. The outcome of the test? Sensitivity of 96% and specificity of 100%. You can contact me to know more about this.
Where is it used?
The Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test is used widely in many places. To name a few:
- Private medical clinics: Individuals/employers who wish to carry out covid-19 engages private medical clinics to perform the task.
- Laboratories: Clinics, organisations, or individuals engages laboratories to do covid-19 screening.
- Companies/organisations: Some companies/organisations do on-site covid-19 test on their employees/members from time to time.